It is a beautiful feeling making others happy during the month of Ramadan and gifting your best creations. But being able to spend your time where you want to is truly where joy is found. On that note, we have come up with a list of ideas that will save you time and effort this blessed month.
1. Plan ahead: Prepare a list of foods you plan to cook from main dishes, to side dishes and from desserts to juices. Plan step by step how each dish is prepared from hardest to easiest, as well as how long each takes to prepare the dish.
2. Prepare for meals: you can chop up the main ingredients and keep them in the fridge or freezer.
3. Prepare everyday meals a week before use and keep them in the freezer.
4. Prepare suhoor along with iftar so that it will minimize preparation time later on in the day
5. Cook large amounts and save in the fridge for a later day.
6. Purchase previously chopped and washed vegetables as well as previously cut meat and chicken. This tip will save a lot of time.
7. Use ready-made sauces such as pre-packaged pasta sauce from Goody.
8. Despite the preference of eating fresh meals, it is possible to purchase some pre-packaged meals and proceed to cooking them in a microwave or air fryer depending on the product.
9. Prepare large amounts of stuffed pastries during leisure time, then freeze them to be used at a later time. Last but not least, prepare the kitchen well in order to save time while working.
Here are some tips that will help you accomplish that.
● Clear up some space in the kitchen, this can be on a table or counter-top. This tip will help you avoid things clashing while cooking.
● Make sure all utensils are easy to use, easy to clean and non-stick.
● Keep all heavily used ingredients such as salt, spices, and oils easily accessible in order to ease the cooking process.
● Clean up your space as soon as you are done and put everything back where it belongs.
● Use as few utensils as you can in order to minimize cleaning time.
● Maintaining the cleanliness of the surroundings and getting rid of rubbish instantly helps with time management and keeping a hygienic space, especially when dealing with meat and chicken