Here's your chance to test your artistic skills and creative abilities, the “Cheesecake with Original Strawberry Sauce”… for you and your family.
2 ½ cups of Tea Biscuits, ground
2 Tbsps Sugar
1 stick of Butter, thawed (100g)
A medium-sized Cheesecake Pan
1 tsp Goody Natural Sugar Cane Vinegar
45 pieces of Cream Cheese (900g)
1 ¼ cup of Sugar
1 envelope of Frosting Cream
1 Velor Canned Cream Plain
1 can of Sour Cream
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1 tsp Vanilla
4 whole Eggs
Strawberry Sauce Ingredients:
1 tsp Starch
½ cup of Water
2 cups of Fresh Strawberries
½ cup of Sugar
½ cup of Water
1 tsp Lemon Juice
3 drops of Red Coloring
2 Strawberries, divided in half for garnish
1. To Prepare the Biscuit Layer:Heat the oven at 180o. Mix well the biscuits, sugar and butter in a deep bowl. Place the biscuit mixture in the cheesecake pan and press it down well at the bottom of the sheet. Afterwards, bake the sheet in the oven for 10 minutes; then take it out and leave it aside for 10 minutes until it cools.
2. To Prepare the Cheese Layer:Blend the cheese layer ingredients, except the eggs, in the electric stand mixer at medium speed for 10 minutes until a creamy mixture is formed. Add the eggs and continue to mix lightly by hand for a couple of minutes. Pour the mixture over the biscuit layer; and bake in a water bath at 180oC for an hour until the mixture becomes firm. Take out the sheet and let it cool, then refrigerate for a full day.
3. To Prepare the Strawberry Sauce Layer:Mix the water and starch for 5 minutes in a pot over low heat, then add the strawberries, sugar, water and lemon juice; leave the mixture to boil over medium heat for 3 minutes or until the strawberries become tender. Afterwards, add the strawberry mixture in the electric stand mixer at medium speed for 5 minutes; then add the red coloring and stir well. Leave the mixture to cool.
4. When Serving:Place the strawberry sauce over the cheesecake layer; garnish the top with strawberry pieces and serve cold.
5. Water Bath Method:There are two methods to prepare a water bath:
• First Method: Wrap the cheesecake pan well with three layers of tin foil; then place it inside a larger sheet containing hot water up to the middle of the cheesecake pan.
• Second Method: Place the cheesecake pan in the medium rack of the oven, and place a larger sheet containing hot water in the lower rack.