With the Spinach & Mushroom Pie, enjoy preparing a very tasty and rich meal for you and your family
10 Square Puff Pastry Dough flakes
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 cups of Spinach Leaves, chopped
1 can of Goody Mushrooms Pieces and Stems
7 large Eggs
1 cup of Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 tsps Italian Spice Mix
Dash of Salt and Black Pepper
6 slices of Mortadella Meat
8 slices of Salami Meat, thin
6 slices of Roast Beef
6 slices of Turkey
1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese, grated
1 cup of Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 large can of Goody Whole Kernel Golden Corn
25 cm diameter Cheesecake sheet, greased with Vegetable Oil
2.Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; then add the spinach and the mushrooms; continue to stir for 7 minutes until the mushrooms become tender. Dry the spinach mixture well using kitchen papers.
3. Whisk 6 eggs in a large pot and add the parmesan cheese, Italian spices, salt and black Pepper.
4. Place half the amount of mortadella, salami, turkey and roast beef slices, mozzarella cheese, red pepper, corn and spinach mixture over the dough layer.
5. Pour half the amount of egg mixture over the spinach layer. Repeat the layers and end them with a layer of the remaining egg mixture.
6.Roll out the remaining puff pastry dough flakes on a separate surface, then place it over the filling in the sheet; afterwards.
7. cut off the extra dough edges.
8. Whisk the remaining eggs together and then grease the top of the dough with eggs using a brush.
9. Bake the dough in the oven without cover for an hour, and then lower the temperature to 100oC while covering the sheet loosely with tin foil to avoid baking the upper crust more than needed; and leave it in the oven for 15 minutes. Loosen the sheet’s edges with the utmost care using a knife, then take off the sheet’s ring and leave the pie on the base for 20 minutes to cool; and serve.
Tip: You can prepare this recipe in advance and store it in the freezer to cook it when needed.