Each guest can choose his/her slice size. Small slicers will definitely come back for more.
3 ½ - 4 cups flour
3 tbsp Velor powder milk
1 tbsp dried yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp oregano
2 tbsp butter, room temperature
4 tbsp soft low salt white cheese
1 cup water
2 tsp Velor powder milk dissolved in 2 tsp water
3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 green apple, finally chopped
1 cup chopped lettuce
½ cup walnuts, chopped
2 small spring onions, chopped
½ cup Goody mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp Goody natural vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp Goody mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ tsp sugar
1. In a large bowl, mix 2 cups of flour milk, sugar, oregano, yeast and salt. Cut in butter and cheese. Knead with water. Gradually, add enough flour to get elastic dough. Cover, leave to rise in a warm place for an hour.
2. Divide dough into 2 parts. Divide each to 3 parts, roll to 3cm thick equal length ropes. Press ends together well, roll ropes to a plate and press ends well. Repeat second part. Place plaits on greased pan, cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and garlic. Add chicken, green apple, lettuce, walnuts and spring onions. Cover and cool.
3. Brush loaves with dissolved milk, bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes or till risen and golden. Cool.
4. Cut each loaf in half lengthwise, fill and serve on a wooden board and a sharp knife.
• You can bake one loaf to use and half bake the other to freeze. When needed, brown the half baked loaf in oven, and follow as instructed.