Try the spirit of adventure and enjoy preparing the Baked Corn Kibbeh for you and your family.
½ kg Lean Meat, finely minced
4 medium Onions, quartered
2 Tbsps Basil, dried
1 Tbsp Mixed Spices
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili Pepper, ground
1 kg Bulgur, fine
Salt to taste
½ kg Beef Meat, minced
4 Tbsps Goody Margarine
5 medium Onions, finely minced
1 tsp Mixed Spices or Kibbeh Spice
4 Tbsps Goody Hot Sauce
1 can of Goody Whole Kernel Golden Corn
¾ cup of Pine Nuts, toasted
Salt to taste
1. Marinate the bulgur in lukewarm water for 10 minutes; drain well and set it aside.
2. Place the meat with the onions, basil, spices, pepper and salt in the meat grinder; grind the mixture until it becomes smooth. Afterwards, add the ground meat to the bulgur in the grinder; grind them well until the meat disappears, and then add two tablespoons of water if the dough is dry and continue to grind for 8 minutes until a moldable dough is formed.
1. Heat the oven at 200oC.
2. In a pot over medium heat, heat two spoons of margarine and add the onions pieces; continue to stir for 5 minutes until they wilt without getting browned. Afterwards, add the minced meat, spices, salt, and chili pepper, and then add the corn and the pine nuts and stir well.
3. Shape the Kibbeh discs by making them into small balls, and then stuff them with the meat filling. Repeat the method until the amount runs out.
4. Bake the Kibbeh balls in the oven over medium heat for 30 minutes until they brown; then take them out and grease them with the remaining margarine. Finally, cut them in half and garnish with corn kernels and place them on the serving dish.
5. You can serve them with Goody Hot Sauce.