Extremely pleasant to serve. Works as a fulfilling snack or a delightful meal.
½ pack Goody pasta bucatini #22
1 chicken stock cube
1 onion, finally chopped
200g minced meat
1 tomato, blended
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp tomato paste
Salt & pepper to taste
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp lemon salt
1 tbsp oregano
½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
5 -6 cabbage leaves, finally chopped
3 tbsp oil
½1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp Velor powder milk
1 tbsp butter
¼ cup water
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1. Cook pasta according to pack instructions, adding stock cube to boiling water. Drain, set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil. Brown onion. Add garlic, stir. Add tomato, paste, meat and spices. Stir breaking lumps till cooked.
3. In another pan, combine cabbage, salt and 3tbsp water. Cook till water absorbed. Set aside.
4. For béchamel: in a pan, whisk all ingredients well. Heat while whisking till boils and thickened.
5. Fill cupcake tray with a layer of pasta. Spoon some béchamel then meat sauce. Arrange a layer of cabbage. Repeat layers. Cover surface with béchamel. Sprinkle cheese and oregano. Bake in moderate oven for 20 – 30 minutes or till golden. Cool slightly. Serve.
• Cooking Tip:
Dip knife in hot water. Run round edges for easier removal.