1 package active dry yeast
1 ½ Cup warm water
½ Cup granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 pack evaporated milk
4 Cup all-purpose flour
¼ vegetable oil
Oil for deep frying
Goody pancake syrup
1. Put the warm water into a large bowl, then sprinkle in the yeast and a couple teaspoons of the sugar and stir until thoroughly dissolved. Add the rest of the sugar, salt, eggs, and evaporated milk. Gradually stir in 4 cups of the flour and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth . Add the remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating it in with a spoon until it becomes too stiff to stir, then working in the rest with your hands. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rest for 1 hour.
2. Roll the dough out onto a floured board or marble pastry surface to a thickness of 1 cm then cut it into rectangles
3. Heat the oil in a deep fryer
4. Fry the beignets about 3 or 4 at a time until they are puffed out and golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per batch.
5. Turn them over in the oil with tongs once or twice to get them evenly brown, since they rise to the surface of the oil as soon as they begin to puff out.
6. After removing from oil add Goody pancake syrup on it