Talk about a heavenly marriage of two amazing desserts, carrot cake and cheese cake.
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cup carrots, grated
½ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
Cheese Filling Ingredients:
500 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 can Goody Velor Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 can Goody Velor Cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp flour
For the Topping:
½ cup flour
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter, chilled
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 370°F (180°C). Grease baking pan with butter then dust with flour.
2. Mix dry ingredients. Add the carrots, and then add the liquids. Stir batter with a wooden spoon until ingredients are just combined. Pour batter into baking pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a tooth pick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
3. Remove cake from the baking pan and set aside to cool.
4. For the Cheese Filling: Heat oven to 350°F (170°C)
5. In a cake mixer, mix the ingredients in the written order. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Place the carrot cake on it, then pour the cheese filling on top of the cake. Bake for 45 minutes. In the meantime, place the topping’s ingredients (except for the walnuts) in a food processor. Pulse repeatedly until mixture resembles crumbs, then add the walnuts. After baking the cheesecake for 45 minutes, sprinkle the sugar topping on the baked cake then return to the oven for another 15 minutes. Take out cake and set aside to cool. Then chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
6. Note: Run a thin knife around the cake’s edges to separate them from the pan before placing it in the refrigerator.