Chicken and Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce
Taste the Asian grilled chicken and beef, with a rich taste and irresistible pleasure! The “Chicken and Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce” for you and your family
600g Boneless Chicken Breasts, diced
600g Boneless Beef Meat, diced
Wooden Skewers, soaked in water for an hour or more
2 Tbsp Goody Cider Vinegar
6 Garlic Cloves, mashed
2 Chili Peppers, finely minced
¼ cup of Soy Sauce
2 Tbsps Coconut Oil (or Sesame Oil)
2 tsp Honey
2 Tbsps Goody Hot Sauce
3 Tbsps Goody Smooth Peanut Butter
4 Tbsps Coconut Oil
1 small Onion, finely minced
4 Garlic Cloves, mashed
1 Tbsp Honey
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 tsp Fish Sauce (Optional)
4 Tbsps Soy Sauce
- Mix the seasoning ingredients in a bowl, then pour the mixture evenly in medium-sized bowls; afterwards, place a chicken piece in one bowl, a meat piece in the other. Mix them well in the mixture and cover them in nylon sheet and refrigerate them for at least 3 – 4 hours.
To Prepare the Satay Sauce:
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat, then fry the minced onion and garlic cloves for 7 minutes or until the ingredients become tender; and then lower the heat. Afterwards, add the peanut butter, honey and hot sauce; while continuing to stir rapidly for 10 minutes so that the mixture won’t burn and until the mixture is incorporated. Place it in the electric mixer, then add the coconut milk, fish sauce and soy sauce; stir for 4 minutes at high speed until the mixture is incorporated.
To Prepare the Satay:
- Heat the oven grill at 200o
- Thread chicken and meat pieces on wooden skewers, and then place them on an oven sheet. Grill the chicken and meat for 15 minutes or until they turn brown. Flip the skewers on the other side and grill for another 15 minutes.
- Place the skewers on the serving dish, and serve them with a bowl of satay sauce.
If you have an excessive amount of satay sauce, you can use it on noodles, or add it to the leftovers of the satay grills, while heating them the next day.