1. In a pot over the heat, add the water, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, salt, shortening, and butter; and leave it to boil.
2. Add the flour to the boiled water and stir well using a wooden or silicone spoon until a soft dough is formed. Take the pot off the heat and let the dough cool for a bit.
3. Fill the dough using the cake decoration bag.
4. In a pot over the heat, heat the dough and start placing the dough lengthwise in the oil using the bag, and cut it using scissors; then fry it until it is browned.
5. Serve with the chocolate spread.