1 large egg
¼ cup Dijon seeded mustard
Sea salt flakes to season
2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil for shallow frying (¼ – ½ cup)
4 skinless white fish fillets cut into strips (fingers)
Goody Tartar Sauce
1. Cut the fish fillets into strips to create your fish fingers.
2. Place the Panko crumbs on a deep, wide tray.
3. To make the batter, combine the cracked egg, mustard and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until smooth.
4. Gently add the sliced fish fingers in the batter, in batches, making sure to coat them evenly.
5. Dip each battered fish finger in the Panko crumbs until totally covered. You may need to press some extra crumbs if you like extra thick, crispy fish fingers.
6. Heat the oil for shallow frying in a non-stick fry pan. The oil quantity recommended depends on the size of the pan you will be using. Larger pans will require more oil.
7. Shallow fry the fish fingers in batches. White fish only requires 3-4 minutes to cook through. Once golden brown in colour place side by side on a tray lined with absorbent kitchen towel.
8. Sprinkle freshly chopped dill on the fish fingers.
9. Serve the Goody Tartar Sauce in a ramekin to be the perfect dipping sauce.