1 medium eggplant, cut into 2cm slices
2 Large Zucchinis, cut into 2cm slices
2 cups flour
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsps dried thyme
2 tbsp dried basil
1 ½ tsp sea salt
¾ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
½ cup olive oil, for frying
1 jar Goody sieved tomatoes
1 cup Parmesan, grated, divided
200gm fresh buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
basil, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and line a baking with parchment paper.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, oregano, thyme, basil, sea salt, and pepper.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Dredge each eggplant and zucchini slice in the flour mixture. Shake off any excess coating.
5. On low-medium heat, Transfer eggplant and zucchini slices to the hot pan. Try not to overcrowd the slices. Cook until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side. Add more olive oil, as needed, to keep from sticking. Repeat with the remaining eggplant and zucchini slices.
6. Place browned eggplant and zucchini on a dish and set aside.
7. Once all slices are cooked, lay the largest eggplant slice onto the baking sheet. Gently spoon about 1-2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce over the eggplant until coated. Place a layer of sliced mozzarella evenly over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle grated parmesan over the layer.
8. Place 4 zucchini slices then tomato sauce. Then place one eggplant slice next and repeat steps for the remaining quantity. Sprinkle parmesan over the top layer.
9. Bake until just beginning to brown, approximately 10-15 minutes.
10. Remove from oven, garnish with fresh basil, and serve.