French Baba au Rhum
For those who excel in the kitchen, here is one of the best delicious and rich recipes with the French Baba au Rhum for you and your family
2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
2 Tbsps Velor Powder Milk, dissolved in ½ cup of Water
2 ¼ tsp Instant Yeast
1 tsp Butter, to grease the molds
3 large Eggs
2 Egg Yolks
2 tsps Sugar
2 tsps Salt
½ cup of Butter
2 cups of Goody Arabic Sweet Syrup
1 cup of Water
1 tsp Vanilla
Small Molds greased with Butter
- Mix 1 ½ cup of flour, milk, yeast in the electric stand mixer at medium speed for 8 minutes. Cover the mixture with a transparent plastic wrap, and leave it in a warm place for an hour or an hour and a half until it doubles in size.
- Place it once more in the electric stand mixer, and then add the eggs and the egg yolks one at a time, while continuing to stir the mixture after each addition. Afterwards, add the remaining flour, sugar and salt, continue to stir until for a couple of minutes until the mixture becomes smooth without lumps. Gradually add the butter and continue to whisk for 4 minutes until it forms a dough and the mixture starts to move away from the sides of the kneader.
- Place the dough in a pastry bag and fill half of each mold with the mixture, leave them in a warm place for 30 – 40 minutes until the mixture rests and rises till it reaches the top of the molds.
- Heat the oven at 200o
- Bake the Baba au Rhum for 25 minutes until they turn golden. To ensure that they are cooked, test them with a wooden stick. Place them on a wire rack and leave it to cool completely.
- To Prepare the Syrup,Place the syrup, water and vanilla in a medium pot over medium heat, and then stir it for 15 minutes or until it begins to boil. Gently douse 2 or 3 pieces of the Baba au Rhum in the sugar syrup using a strainer spoon while still hot, and place them in the serving dish.Garnish with whipping cream and pieces of fresh strawberries, then serve.