1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1/2 bunch of Spinach Leaves
1 Tbsp Ricotta Cheese
2 envelopes of Puff Pastry at room temperature
5 cans of Goody Smoked Salmon
For Side Sauce:
2 Tbsps Goody Rosemary Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Dill, minced
2 Tbsps Lemon Juice
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
A dash of Salt and Black Pepper
1. To prepare the filling: In a pot over medium heat, heat the butter and olive oil; then sauté-fry the onions and garlic, while adding a dash of salt and black pepper. When the onions wilt, add the spinach and sauté-fry it until it wilts (does not dry). Afterwards, add the ricotta cheese and stir the mixture then turn off the heat.
2. Drain the salmon by squeezing it; in order to get rid of the water completely.
3. Roll out the entire puff pastry into a 1-ml thickness without separating the slices from each other.
4. Heat the oven at 150oC.
5. Place a sufficient layer of salmon in the middle of the puff pastry; while leaving 3-cm from the rolled out edges; then add a second layer of the spinach mixture; followed by another layer of salmon.
6. Close the dough by connecting the edges and flip it upside down; then roll out the remaining extra dough and cut it to garnish the pie’s top according to taste. Coat the pie’s top with egg yolk.
7. To prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients well until they are incorporated.
8. In an oven sheet, place the pie; put it in a preheated oven for 15 minutes; then take it out and serve it hot beside the sauce.