1/2 kg Minced Lamb Meat, and 1/2 kg Minced Beef Meat, mixed together
2 cups of Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/2 cup of Fresh Breadcrumbs
1 large Egg, whisked
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Olive Oil, for frying
2 Tbsps Olive Oil
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 can of Goody Red Pasta Sauce – Napolitana
A bunch of Fresh Basil Leaves, finely sliced
8 Mozzarella Cheese Slices for the top
4 medium-sized pieces of Samoli Bread
1. Place the oven rack in the middle and heat it at 200oC.
2. In a medium bowl, mix all the meatball ingredients, except the oil; then shape the mixture into 12 big balls.
3. In an oven sheet, place a parchment paper and put the meatballs on them. Sprinkle them with olive oil and bake in the oven for 18 – 20 minutes until they are browned.
4. In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil; then add the garlic and sauté-fry it for a couple of minutes until the garlic releases its essence. Afterwards, add the Napolitana sauce to the garlic and stir it from time to time for 3 minutes until it is heated. Add the meatballs to the sauce and stir them together.
5. Using an oven sheet, place two slices of cheese inside the Samoli bread; then stack it in the sheet. Put it inside a hot oven until the cheese melts and then take it out. Put 3 meatballs in each piece of bread and serve hot.