Show your passion in preparing this homemade, freezer friendly ice cream. It doesn't need an ice-cream maker - and the result is layered heaven of vanilla, chocolate, coffee and tofu.
1 can Goody Velor Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 ½ cups whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ tsp Cofique Instant Coffee
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup walnuts, chopped
For the toffee:
2 tbsp butter
½ cup sugar
1 can Goody Velor Cream
1 tbsp chocolate chips for decorating
1. Line a baking pan with a large sheet of plastic food wrap, leaving the plastic to overhang on the sides of the pan.
2. Using Braun hand blender, mix the first 3 ingredients until cream is thick. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the lined baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 15 minutes.
3. In the meantime, divide the remaining cream into 2 halves. Mix one half of the cream with the instant coffee, and mix the second half with cocoa powder.
4. Remove pan from freezer. Sprinkle the frozen cream with chocolate chips then pour in the coffee cream. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for another 15 minutes.Take out pan from freezer and sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top of the frozen coffee cream, then pour in the cocoa cream. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
5. For the toffee: Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add sugar and leave it on medium heat until sugar turns to a golden brown. Remove saucepan from heat. Add the cream and whisk quickly so that sugar doesn’t clump. Return saucepan to heat, stirring the toffee constantly until no clumps are left. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. To serve: Take out baking pan from freezer. Wipe the sides of the pan with a warm wet towel to loosen the ice cream. Gradually pull the plastic wrap edges to pull out the ice cream. Turn over the ice cream onto a serving dish and discard the plastic wrap. Pour the toffee on top of the ice cream, decorate with chocolate chips and serve.