Fattah is considered to be one of the pleasant dishes on your ramadanian table; serve it to your family to eliminate their hunger after fasting.
4 tbsps corn oil
3 medium onions, finely minced
½ kilo mutton meat, coarsely minced
Pinch of salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 kilo of tomatoes, fresh
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 cube of Goody chicken bouillon
2 cups of corn oil to fry the eggplants and the bread
2 loaves of bread, chopped into small pieces
2 kilos of large eggplants, peeled and diced
1 cup of yoghurt milk
3 tbsps tahini
½ lemon, squeezed
5 garlic cloves, mashed
Pine nut to taste
1 tbsp vegetable margarine
1. In a bowl over the heat, put 2 spoons of corn oil and half the amount of onions, stir until they wilt, add the minced meat, black pepper and salt, stir until the meat is done then remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Peel the tomatoes by putting them in a bowl containing boiling water for a couple of minutes, drain them from water then pour cold water over them, cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
3. Put the oil in the frying bowl, start frying the bread first then place it on a kitchen paper. Afterwards, fry the eggplants pieces, strain well then set aside.
4. In a glass bowl, put the milk, tahini, lemon juice and garlic, stir using a tablespoon, adding a pinch of salt and black pepper.
5. In a medium-sized pot, add the remaining amount of oil (2 tablespoons), let it heat over the heat for a couple of minutes then add the remaining amount of onions, stir until they turn golden, add the tomato pieces, the tomato paste and the chicken bouillon cubes, stir together then reduce the heat, leave it on the heat until the tomatoes wilt and become a sauce.Add the fried eggplant pieces over the sauce; leave it on the heat for only 5 minutes.
6. Prepare a serving sheet (preferably with high edges). First, put the fried bread then spread the tomatoes and eggplants mix over it then add the meat and then the milk mixture to form the fourth layer.
7. In a pan, place the margarine then fry the pine nuts, garnish our dish with it.Add some of the minced meat and parsley on the top for garnish to taste.