Try this traditional recipe and watch all members of your family finish their plates in no time.
1 whole chicken (1000 grams)
2 cubes Goody Chicken Stock
3 cups Jews mallow, finely chopped
1 onion, quartered
1tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 garlic head, crushed
1 tbsp coriander
¼ cup oil
2 loaves whole wheat Lebanese bread, diced
For the tomato sauce:
1 can Goody Peeled Chopped Tomatoes, crushed
1 cup water
1 tsp garlic, chopped
¼ cup Goody vinegar
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ cup corn oil
1. Place chicken in a large pot, cover with water and add the chicken stock cubes for a richer flavor. Add the onion, black pepper and salt. Boil for ½ hour or until chicken is tender.
2. In the meantime, place the cut bread in a baking tray and roast until golden in a medium heat oven.
3. Strain the boiled chicken stock. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken. Cut the chicken meat into medium sized pieces and set aside.
4. Place 6 cups of stock in a pot then add the chopped Jews mallow. Heat the pot and let the stock and Jews mallow boil for 3-5 minutes.
5. Heat ¼ cup oil in a pan then add the crushed garlic and coriander. Sauté until garlic is golden. Place this mixture on top of the Jews mallow and leave pan uncovered.
6. Tip: Jews mallow must not be boiled for more than 5 minutes.
7. How to make the tomato sauce: In a pan, heat ¼ cup oil, add the garlic and sauté. Add the crushed tomatoes, vinegar, water, salt and pepper. Cook covered for 10 minutes.
8. How to serve: Place the bread in a serving dish, sprinkle some tomato sauce on top, then ladle the Jews mallow until bread is covered in sauce. Sprinkle some tomato sauce on top then decorate with dried bread and serve.