Simple touches easily transfer and Arabian dish to an Italian one.
½ kg minced meat
1 clove garlic
¼ large red bell pepper
¾ cup parsley, finally chopped
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 slice white toast bread
1 tbsp Velor powder milk dissolved in 3 tbsp water
¼ tsp of pepper & dried basil
½ tsp salt
1 can Goody whole mushrooms
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 pack Goody Napolitana pasta sauce
2 tomatoes, peeled seeded and blended
½ can Goody mushrooms pieces and stems
3 tbsp fresh coriander, finally chopped
2 tbsp pomegranate molasses ( Debs rumman)
5 tbsp oil
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Soak bread slice in dissolved milk.
2. In a food processor, blend onion, garlic, parsley and bell pepper till smooth. In a large bowl, mix well meat, onion mixture, dried parsley and basil, wet bread and seasoning.
3. Take a tbsp, shape into a ball. Insert balls in skewers, adding pieces of whole mushroom in between. Repeat till mount is done. Arrange skewers in greased oven pan, bake in moderate oven till cooked, turning occasionally.
4. For sauce:cook blended tomatoes in a small pan for 15 minutes.
5. In another pan, heat oil, cook onion till golden.Add mushrooms, previously cooked tomatoes and napolitana sauce. Boil once.Take off fire, add chopped coriander and pomegranate molasses. Set aside.
6. Put meatballs skewers in serving plate. Pour heated sauce and sprinkle parmesan cheese.