There’s nothing that hits the mark like a beefy burger during a game. Succulent meaty and manly! High protein, serve to active kids or a boy in every man!
½ tsp black peppercorns
500 grams beef, minced
2 cloves garlic, mashed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Worchester sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
½ can Goody Mushroom Slices, drained
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, mashed
A sprinkle of salt and black pepper
1 tsp Italian herbs
½- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, grated(or 6 cheese slices)
2-3 lettuce leaves, cut into 24 pieces
Tomatoes, sliced into half circles (24 slices)
Goody Mayonnaise with Ketchup, for the buns
Mini burger buns (24)
1. Heat the oven grill. In a small baking pan, heat the peppercorns until fragrant, then grind.
2. In a bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients with the ground pepper. Divide mix into 24 balls. Press down each ball to shape it like a burger (make sure the burger is a little bigger than the bun, as the burger will shrink after cooking).
3. Grease a baking pan with ½ tbsp olive oil. Place the burgers, leaving spaces between them. Brush the burgers with ½ tbsp oil. Bake in the oven (under the grill) for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Take out of oven and place a cheese sheet on each burger. Place back beneath the grill until cheese melts. Take out of oven.
4. In the meantime, place 1 tsp of olive oil in a small frying pan and heat. Sauté mushrooms and garlic. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian herbs
5. Slice buns open with a knife. Spread the mayonnaise with ketchup on the inside. Place a piece of lettuce, then place a tomato slice, and finish off with the cheese burger and mushrooms. Place in a serving dish and serve.
6. Tip: Use a large baking tray when grilling the burgers. This will prevent the liquids from seeping out and drying the meat, as well as reducing cooking time.