Pasta Shells with Spinach Filling
Enjoy with your family and loved ones various and delicious recipes for macaroni conchiglioni with spinach filling
1 Pack Goody Pasta shells, conchiglioni
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more for
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pack of frozen spinach, thawed, squeeze well to get rid of the water, minced
½ cup Cooking cream
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 Bottle Goody red pasta sauce Napolitano
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
3/1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven at a temperature of 180° C.
- Boil the pasta in salted boiling water in a large pot for 7 minutes until Halfway cooked (a little soft but still firm). Drain and rinse with cold water.
- For the filling; in a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil, add the onion, stirring until translucent. Add garlic, stirring until it releases its sent. Add spinach and keep stirring. Add salt and pepper and leave for two minutes on low heat. Place the pan aside until the mixture cool completely.
- Grease a Pyrex in size 22 cm x 33 cm with olive oil. Add ½ the amount of pasta sauce till the bottom of the Pyrex is covered.
- Fill the Pasta shells with about 2 tablespoon of the filling mix. Arrange the shells Pyrex and pour the remaining amount of the sauce on top. Add Basil and Cheese Cover it with aluminum foil and Put it in the oven for 30-40 minutes. After that Lift up aluminum foil and put the Pyrex in the oven again for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and has a golden color. And serve.