2 ¼ cups plain flour
2 ¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup unsalted butter
1 ½ cups caster sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 cup plain yogurt
2x 425g cans Goody Peach Slices, drained
For the buttercream
3 cups icing sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tbsp Goody Velor Canned Cream
3-4 sprigs thyme
3 tbsp runny honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line three 20cm round cake tins with baking parchment.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the plain flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and caster sugar with an electric hand whisk for 4-5 minutes, until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla - take care not to overmix. Alternately add spoonfuls of the flour mixture and plain yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour and fully incorporating between each addition.
4. Arrange the Goody Peach Slices over the base of the prepared tins.
5. Divide the cake batter between the tins. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tins for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
6. For the buttercream, sift the icing sugar into a large bowl. Use your hands to rub in the butter. Add the canned cream and beat with an electric whisk for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
7. To decorate, slice the rounded tops off of the sponges to create a flat surface. Dot a little buttercream onto a cake stand or plate and place the first sponge in the centre. Spread the buttercream over the first sponge, using a palate knife to smooth over the surface. Use a palate knife to smooth a thin layer of the buttercream over the sides of the cake and top. Place the cake in the fridge for 10 minutes. Remove from the fridge and add a second layer of buttercream to the entire cake. Decorate the cake with the sliced peach, thyme and add a drizzle of honey.