2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 small chickens
Freshly ground black pepper
1 red onion diced
5 minced cloves of garlic
2 stalks of celery
2 small zucchini
1 jar Goody Marinara Sauce
1 bay leaf
1 cup Goody Marinara sauce
1½ cups chicken stock (water and Goody Chicken stock cube)
Ready made pesto sauce
¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Pre heat the oven to 220 degrees.
2. Cut the chicken into pieces (wings, drumsticks, breasts, thighs etc) and season. In a non-stick fry pan add half the olive oil and fry the chicken in batches, until the skin is crispy and a golden colour. Set aside.
3. In the same pan add the remaining olive oil and sauté garlic, onion, thyme, celery and carrots. Stir cooking for 3 minutes. Add the Marinara Sauce, bay leaf, chicken stock, zucchini and pasta. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. In a large baking tray place the Minestrone base and chicken pieces. Bake for 15 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
5. Remove from oven. Spoon pesto sauce randomly over the chicken pieces and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.