Sizzling Shrimps with Hot Sauce
Enjoy the most famous shrimp dish of the Chinese cuisine in the comfort of your home.
300g large shrimp, peeled, tails kept
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp heavy soy sauce
½ tsp powder garlic
3 tbsp corn flour
1 egg white
Dash of white pepper
Oil for deep frying
Chopped spring onion & coriander for garnishing
1 cup sweet and sour sauce
3 tbsp Goody grape red vinegar
4 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp heavy soy sauce
½ bottle or 7 tbsp Goody hot sauce
3 cloves garlic, Crushed
1 tbsp ginger, finally chopped
1 onion, cut into 2cm squares
- Clean shrimps well by removing black third from the back. In a bowl, mix well lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic powder, corn flour, egg white and white pepper. Dip shrimps in batter.
- Fry shrimps on medium fire till golden on both sides.
- Mix sauce ingredients well. Add cooked shrimps.
- Put medium oven pan in hot oven till very hot. Bring out, pour in shrimps with sauce at once. Leave for 5 minutes to hear sizzling, garnish and serve.
- Heat oven pan and pour shrimp in just before serving.
- Dip shrimp in batter one by one, make sure it is coated well before frying.
- Serve with fried rice or spring rolls.