2 cans Goody chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1½ tsp sea salt
230 gm. shrimp, peeled with tails intact
Juice of 1 lemon
½ tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp grated lemon zest
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1 lemon, sliced
Sprinkling of dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a bowl add chickpeas and toss with one tablespoon of olive oil and a ½ teaspoon of salt.
3. Arrange chickpeas in a layer on the bottom of your baking dish and bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden and crisp.
4. Meanwhile, toss your shrimp, one tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes and one teaspoon of salt in a large bowl. Allow shrimp mixture to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Once your chickpeas have finished baking, spread your shrimp mixture over the roasted chickpeas and place a few lemon slices over top. Return your dish to the oven and bake for 5 to 8 minutes longer or till the Shrimps are ready and pink in colour.Once done cooking, squeeze additional lemon juice over top and garnish with dried parsley.