As good as its real version, it even has its unique texture. A must try!
4 tbsp semolina
2 tbsp sugar
8 tbsp Velor powder milk
½ 2 cups water
2 loaves white toast, sides removed and processed into crumbs
300g butter, melted
2 cans Velor cream
¾ cup Goody Arabic sweet's syrup
¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- In a pan, combine semolina, sugar, powder milk and water. Stir over low heat till thickens. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter, mix well.
- In a 10" round pan, press half amount buttered bread crumbs to cover base and sides. Pour semolina mix over bread base. Spread cream on top.
- Sprinkle remaining buttered bread crumbs to cover surface, press gently. Bake in moderate oven for 20 minutes or till golden.
- On a serving plate, turn Kunafa. Drizzle with half amount syrup and sprinkle with nuts. Serve hot or warm with remaining syrup on the side.