Turkey with Rice and Minced Meat
It’s a luxury and delicious meal that will certainly show your creativity and distinction in the kitchen.
1 turkey, weighs from 3 to 4 kg
½ cup of Goody white vinegar
2 lemons, quartered
3 tbsps salt
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsps corn oil
4 cups of boiling water
10 cardamom grains
2 onions, quartered
5 garlic cloves, not chopped
2 cinnamon sticks
2 tbsps green ginger, chopped
2 galangal, dried
4 bay leaves
2 cubes of Goody chicken bouillon
2 tsps paprika
2 tsps saffron
3 tbsps of seven spices
2 tbsps of sweet spice
2 tbsps of Goody clear honey
1 kilo onions, diced
½ kilo minced meat
4 cups of American rice
- Clean the turkey by rubbing it with salt, vinegar and lemon then rinse it.
- In a pot over the heat, put the turkey, 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of corn oil, stir for 10 minutes then stir in the boiling water. During the boiling period, remove the fat that floats on the water surface.
- Add to the turkey’s boiling water the (cardamom, onions, garlic, cinnamon, green ginger, dried galangal, bay leaves, 2 cubes of chicken bouillon and salt), leave the pot over the heat for about 2 hours to make sure the turkey is done.
- Prepare the turkey’s dressing by mixing a little paprika, saffron, 2 tablespoons of corn oil, 1 spoon of sweet spice, 1 spoon of the seven spices and honey, leave it aside.
- Remove the turkey from the boiling water and put it in a strainer then grease it with the dressing mixture, place it in an oven baking sheet. Put the turkey in the oven at 180o C for half an hour until it browns.
- While boiling the turkey, prepare the onions by frying them in the oil until they become golden, add the minced meat and stir for 5 minutes then add 2 spoons of the seven spices and 1 spoon of the sweet spice, stir well then add the washed rice and stir for 5 minutes, pour the turkey’s boiling broth over the rice until it covers it. Add the salt to taste then leave it to cook for 15 minutes.
- Bring a large dish for serving then add the rice in an organized manner then bring the fried turkey and place it in the middle of the dish.
- Garnish the dish with the chopped boiled egg, almonds, raisins and pistachios and sprinkle a little parsley, serve.