Meatballs and Chickpeas Soup
One of the most delicious international dishes; enjoy preparing the Turkish Meatballs and Chickpeas Soup for you and your family
250g Beef Meat, minced
3 Tbsps Vegetable Oil
1 cup of Bulgur, fine
1 large Onion, minced
1 Egg, whisked
2 tsps Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsps Vegetable Oil
2 Tbsps Flour
3 cups of Water
1 Egg Yolk
1 cup of Yogurt
1 cup of Goody Chickpeas, drained
A dash of Salt and Black Pepper
2 tsps Dry Mint, fried in 2 Tbsps Vegetable Oil
To Prepare the Meatballs:
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Place the minced meat in a deep bowl, then add the bulgur, onion, egg, salt and black pepper and stir well. Shape the meat into 2 cm balls, and fry the meatballs for 15 minutes or until they turn golden. Take them off the heat and place them aside on kitchen paper to fully absorb the oil.
To Prepare the Soup:
- Mix well the egg yolk and yogurt in a deep bowl, and set it aside.
- In a deep pot, heat the oil, then add the flour; stir well for 4 minutes until it turns golden without being browned. Afterwards, add the water, and stir quickly using a hand blender until it is well-mixed. Add the egg and yogurt mixture; stir well, and then add the chickpeas, meatballs, salt and black pepper to the mixture and stir.You can add a little water if the soup is so thick. Continue to stir for 15 minutes until the mixture boils.
- Place the soup in the serving dish and garnish with fried mint, then serve hot.