Innovative way to serve grape leaves let alone an easy one.
½ bottle Goody grape leaves
3 cups bulgur
1 onion, chopped
7 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1 red chilli pod, chopped
½ green bell pepper, chopped
4 tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
½ cup lemon juice
¾ cup parsley, chopped
4 tbsp mint, chopped
½ tsp salt
1. Clean and wash bulgur well. Soak in hot water for 5 minutes. Boil grape leaves for 15 minutes.
2. Remove stems. Cut leaves into medium stripes.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil. Brown onion till golden, add coriander, chilli and bell pepper. Cook for a minute. Add tomatoes, season. Mix till cooked.Add bulgur, lemon juice and grape leaves. Cook for 5 minutes. Add parsley and mint, simmer for 5 minutes.Turn in oven dish, cover. Bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes. Garnish and serve.
• Pay attention when boiling grape leaves. Cool then use.
• In serving plate, put a bed of olive oil brushed grape leaves. Serve salad on and garnish with chopped tomatoes.