2 cups brown rice
1 litre coconut water
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 cup full cream milk
3 cinnamon sPcks
1 vanilla bean
2 cans Velor Cream
1 tsp cinnamon powder (according to taste) 1⁄4 cup honey
3 sliced pears
1 tbs lemon juice (to prevent discoloraPon)
250ml pineapple juice
3 tbs unsalted buQer
Dollop of Velor Cream
16 Chopped roasted chestnuts – with skin removed 50gm pecan nuts
1. On medium-high heat boil brown rice, coconut water, salt, milk, cinnamon sPcks and split vanilla bean with seeds in a saucepan for 30 minutes, covered with lid, unPl rice has absorbed the liquid. Check the rice every now and then and sPr occasionally to make sure nothing is burning.
2. Remove cinnamon sPcks and vanilla pod.
3. Once liquid has absorbed add 1 can of Velor Cream, addiPonal cinnamon powder (if desired) and honey. SPr uncovered unPl combined and a perfect texture.
4. Add to serving bowls.
To make the topping:
Add the sliced pears in lemon juice to prevent discoloraPon.
5. In a skillet melt the buQer and add pears. Cook over a medium heat, sPrring constantly, unPl tender. Once caramelized, add the pineapple juice and sPr.
6. Once the liquid has reduced by half, sPr in 4 tbs Velor cream. Once the sauce has combined, add the chestnuts and pecans. Place on top of the rice pudding and drizzle with maple syrup.