Halawat al Jebn
Halawat al Jebn
Recipe by: Goody Kitchen
- For the sugar syrup, combine the sweet syrup, orange blossom water, and rose water. Keep aside.
- For the cheese rolls, set a saucepan over medium-high heat and add the water and sugar. Bring to a boil then once the sugar has dissolved, add the semolina. Stir constantly to thicken and combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium then add the cheese, rose water and orange blossom water. Stir well until the cheese melts and the mixture forms a soft dough. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Once you can handle the dough, divide it in half. Put one ball of dough on a large sheet of cling film then cover with another sheet. Roll out the dough to a 23 x 33cm rectangle. Use a sharp knife to trim off any excess to give you a straight rectangle.
- Put the canned cream in a piping bag with a 2cm tip. Pipe the cream along the side of the rolls nearest to you, leaving a 2cm border.
- Using the cling film under the dough, roll the dough over the cream filling and the dough is a log shape. You want to do this only until the filling is covered.
- Use a sharp knife to make a cut that separates the roll from the rest of the dough. Repeat the process twice more. Divide each log in to 10-12 4cm-thick pieces. Repeat the process with the remaining ball of dough and cream filling.
- Arrange the rolls on the serving platter, sprinkle each with a little ground pistachio in the center and rose petal jam.
- Serve alongside the syrup, drizzling each piece with some before eating.
Note: Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
Thank you, your comment is under review and will be posted as soon as approved
Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
Mini peanut butter baklava rolls
Peanut butter molten-in-the-middle chocolate fondants
%3 hrs ago%